PICT- PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL CONTAINER TERMINAL
EXISTING GROUNDING & LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEMS’ AUDIT
- Evaluation of the condition of the existing Electrical Grounding & Lightning Protection System.
- The measurement of Electrical Grounding Resistance of the Existing Grounding System Using “Three Point Fall of Potential Method”
- Soil Resistivity Test by Wenner method to design a new rectified grounding system of low impedance value.
- Submission of Detailed Findings Report, including the Field Test Report / Site Images and our Recommendations for the rectification
- Preparation of Complete BOQ for the rectification of Existing Grounding & LP System
RECTIFICATION OF GROUNDING & LP SYSTEM
- Supply and Installation of new Maintenance Free buried earthing pits, using Cu bonded earthing rods & replacing the native soil with less resistive Ground Conductivity Enhancing Material
- Supply and Installation of Exothermic Welded Joints for connecting Copper bonded rods with earthing copper conductor ring / grid
- Supply and Installation of new Equipotential Grounding Bus Bars and making connections with ring / grid and equipment & machinery in Horizontal and Vertical accelerator room.
- Connection of Equipotential Earth Bar to Power Distribution Cabinet and PLC cabinet using Earthing Conductor
- Supply and Installation of missing Lightning Protection System components with re-fixing of Copper Strip with new saddles along the roof wall & Supply & Installation of Air Terminals on Roof top
- Connecting the Copper Strip Ring with Air Terminals & Main Grounding Mesh through down conductors.
- Supply and Installation of new Maintenance Free Buried Earthing Pits for Lightning Protection of Cranes (Qty: Three on each end of the track) using Cu bonded Rods and Ground Conductivity Enhancing Material and connecting them with the Rail-Tracks of the Cranes.
Client: Pakistan International Container Terminal